Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 8 - We've Got Some New Friends

Many thanks to teachers, parents, and students of Palm Beach Day Academy. They are really hospitable hosts. Our kids really enjoyed their time with their new friends. The host families spent the two evenings with our kids, taking them to various places and doing different interesting things like fishing, surfing, swimming. Our kids would love to spend more time here in US. ^_^


Let our students tell you more about what they saw and did.


Nathaniel Chan (6D)
Diary for Day 8  
     Today I was excited to visit Palm Beach Day Academy. It was really a great opportunity to meet those friendly and kind students. In the morning, we had breakfast at PBDA. There I met my new friend, Nathanial. His name is very similar to mine. How funny! After having breakfast, I took a lesson with Nathanial. It was a music class. We danced with some pop music and we sang 'We are the super star'. I had lots of fun.

     In the afternoon, we took a airboat ride at the Everglades. The airboat was speedy, and I like the drifting experience most. We saw birds and alligators. This trip is so memorable!
     After school, I went to Nathanial's home with his family. We played basketball at his home. It's really fun.

Charmaine Yuen (6B)

    My home stay host, Vanessa, has long hair, blue eyes and small ears. She is very friendly to me. Whenever I needed help, she would help me. She has a sister called Sedly. Although Sedly is older than Vanessa, Vanessa is taller than her. I followed Vanessa to have English lessons. I introduced myself in that lesson.
    After school, Melody and I went to Vanessa and Sedly's home. We played in the backyard. Their backyard was big and beautiful. They had two dogs called Ordo and Loula. I lived them very much. We played champlin, aeroplane, swing and slide in the backyard. I loved their house very much.

Cyrus Lee (6A)
Diary for Day 8
     I visited the Palm Beach Day Academy. When we arrived at the school, we went to the school cafeteria to have breakfast. Then we went to a classroom to have music lesson. We sang songs and danced with the students and teacher there. After the music lesson, we went to the indoor basketball court to perform. Many students came to our concert and they thought we played very well in the concert.
     Then we got on the bus and traveled to a place where we could see many wild animals. We ate lunch there and we had a PBJs - a sandwich with peanut butter and jam/jelly.
     Then we traveled back to school and we followed the host family. We played many games there and we had a good day with the family.



No comments:

Post a Comment